Life as a Nobody

Life as a Nobody

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Chapter 10-Runaway Love

He opened and closed his mouth, searching for words, still looking horrified. I bit my lip trying not to cry, after what seemed a lifetime of silence I finally just got up and ran. I didn't know where I was going but I didn't look back and I let my feet carry me far away from everything, Tommy's horrified expression, stupid Ben for calling Tommy, and Billy for doing this to me. When I finally stopped I found myself at the town park, I sat on the swing and cried. My phone rang several times that night, eventually I just turned it off and fell asleep under the slide. I woke up to the sound of rain around me, a stray dog was trying to take shelter under a table and lightning brightened the sky all around. I sat up, wishing this was all just a dream, sadly my wish didn't come true. I laid back down trying to go back to sleep, but it didn't work. I turned round to see Tommy staring at me, wide-eyed and worry painted all over his face.
Tommy...I'm sorry..Billy...
Billy? It was Billy?? His tone was harsh with anger.
It had to be...that night when I came home from your house...I stopped, not needing to say anymore.
Stace come here, he said wrapping his arms around me. It's not your fault, but we need to get you home before your dad really freaks out.
Fine...Tommy I'm so sorry I don't know what to do.
It'll be okay, he said kissing the top of my head.

WHERE WERE YOU?!?! My dad roared as soon as I walked in.
The park...I fell asleep.
YEAH RIGHT DON'T YOU DARE LIE TO ME! YOU WERE WITH HIM WEREN'T YOU? He screamed pointing at Tommy.
No sir, I found her at the park asleep under the slide. Tommy tried to explain.
SHUT UP!
Don't talk to him like that dad! I pleaded, I really wasn't in the mood for him to yell at anyone especially Tommy.
DON'T EVER TELL ME WHAT TO DO! GO TO BED RIGHT NOW, DON'T EVEN THINK YOUR GOING TO SEE HIM FOR A MONTH!
NO! I yelled back, I'M SO SICK OF PUTTING UP WITH YOU JUST LEAVE ME ALONE. I ran out the door, grabbing Tommy's hand. We stayed at his house that night, went to school, and when I came home my key wouldn't work.

Thought you were smarter then me didn't you? My dad said answering the door. You want to run off with him go ahead, don't come back. He slammed the door in my face, I turned to Tommy, speechless.

No comments:

Post a Comment