Life as a Nobody

Life as a Nobody

Monday, September 13, 2010

Chapter 11-Story of a Girl

What the hell, was all Tommy could manage, and that's pretty much what I was thinking too.

Can he do that?! I asked, about to cry.

Stace...his voice trailed off when he saw the tears running down my face. Suddenly the door opened, and out flew my clothes and my dog. I couldn't take it anymore and I screamed as loud as I could, then suddenly like I was drained of all the energy I'd ever had I dropped to the ground, crying and holding Jake. I don't know how long I was like that but Tommy walked to the sidewalk to call his dad, a couple minutes later he started picking up my stuff and helped me up.

Come on, he said, you're staying with me.

Tommy I can't-

Shh yes you can and you are, come on. He smiled and brushed the tears out of my eyes. I grabbed for his hand and walked with Jake on the other side of me back to Tommy's. The next month was good, I slept on the couch and Jake stayed outside-I had to get a job so I could pay for him though Tommy's dad offered to pay for it, I felt bad enough just staying there. His dad didn't know anything about Billy or the results of that night-the only ones who did were Tommy, his brother, and me. I had started wearing baggyish clothes so I wouldn't be showing, and thankfully nobody noticed. It had been about two months since my dad kicked me out, so I was about 5 months along.His dad sometimes questioned why I was sick all the time, but Tommy finally convinced him that I was just extremely allergic to stuff in the air.
After school one day, I ran into Billy again. He looked down and chuckled when he saw who I was, Back for more? He asked, grinning.
Excuse me? I started to turn away but he grabbed my arm and spun me back around.
Come on, don't leave so soon, his breath smelled strongly of alcohol.
Leave me alone Billy!
Why should I?
Because you already pregnant what more do you want?
WHAT?
You heard me now leave. me. alone.
You're lying-I couldn't have! As if he needed to convince himself still he tried to touch my stomach, I flinched away.
Oh my go-I didn't let him finish I kicked him as hard as I possibly could in the knee and ran.
When I got back to Tommy's I hugged him and cried on the couch until I was fast asleep. The next morning when we went to school I had calmed down and was finally okay, today I was supposed to see the doctor and I'd get out of school early. Tommy and I were talking about him coming with me while we walked in the door, I was smiling from ear to ear until I got to my locker. When I turned to put my combination in I dropped my books, Tommy said something but I didn't hear him, I could only hear my heart pounding in my chest and felt the tears coming down my cheeks. I turned to run away from the horrible paper but ran straight into the two that taped it to my locker.

No comments:

Post a Comment